We are committed

At Juniper we are committed to nurturing the spirit of life in each individual we serve so that they may live fully throughout all seasons of life. To us this means understanding an individual, not only their needs but their desires and responding with programs and services which provide for the highest quality of life possible. Our Alive in All Seasons program of activities is designed to foster healthy bodies, enriched minds and fulfilled spirits. These pictures and stories are living proof that we at Juniper are dedicated to walking our talk!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Alive Inside Screening Juniper Village at Brookline Was Truly Touching!


We received some fantastic feedback from our residents, family members, and people from the greater community at large during our recent Alive Inside screening. Here is a sampling:

Ken Pendleton - Director of Recruitment & Client Quality, Home Instead Senior Care State College (pictured at right here with Liz Plozner-Chalfa our Wellspring Executive Director)

“I was completely moved by this experience. As someone in the field, I was aware that music had an impact on those with dementia, but I had no idea of the significance. These people were experiencing an awakening! Just amazing!”


Rod and Kathy Bartell, State College, PA (pictured at left here)

Rod and Kathy, a married couple, each have a mother living with us at Brookline (one in Senior Living, one at Wellspring).

Kathy (mom at WS): “I regret not having done something like this sooner [with my mom]. This movie has inspired me, and I want to have her be successful in this [Music & Memories] program.”


Rod (mom at SL): “I didn’t know, I didn’t know. My dad had a serious illness and couldn’t communicate at all for three to five years. Years ago, someone played a piece of gospel music and he sang all of the words! I didn’t know what it was. Now I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment